Skillgrok matches the most appropriate and affordable resource for skill learning on a skill seeker’s part. You can learn and test your skill level. Skillgrok will connect you with a worldwide network of experienced Grokkers wherever they are locally or Globally.
Faham Jawed from Ruwais in UAE wanted to learn Photography to discover the differences in modern cameras and find a recommendation to buy an awesome camera. He wanted to learn the step-by-step instructions on how to make great photos that are worthy of submission to National photography contest. He was keen to know about camera lenses, exposure, and lighting in a way that actually helps him understand rather than confuse with technical jargon.
Lesson 1 - Camera Basics
In this first lesson, he went through how all cameras work, and the parts of the camera that one needs to know about.
Lesson 2 - Operating a Camera
This lesson showed him that more than just pointing and clicking is required to take great pictures.
Lesson 3 - Types of Film
lesson not only examined the different film types, and the type one
should use, but it also explained the differences between digital
cameras and film cameras -- and revealed which one is actually better!
Lesson 4 - Aperture and Shutter Speeds
Faham took more in-depth look at aperture and shutter speed and their relationship to film exposure.
Lesson 5 - TTL Light Meter
Grokker took exposure one step further by helping Faham look more intently at metering.
Lesson 6 - Depth of Field
this lesson, Faham explored the depth of field. Every exposure setting
has its own unique side effect, which can be used by the photographer to
achieve specific creative goals.
Lesson 7 - Choosing Lenses
Types of lenses and their impact on pictures, whether film or digital, were explained.
Lesson 8 - Lenses Continued
this lesson, he examined further the different types of lenses common
to most professional cameras, and the lengths and angles that affect
image the most.
Lesson 9 - Lighting
The importance of lighting for great picture-taking was discussed.
Lesson 10 - Lighting Continued
this lesson, he learnt more about the different uses of daylight for
photography, the use of timing with daylight, and the various elements
of natural light photography.
Lesson 11 - Flash Photography
this lesson, he learnt about types of flashes, various flash facts, and
details concerning the effective use of camera's flash.
Lesson 12 - Filters
this lesson, they covered the various filters used in photography,
including lens filters, color filters, skylight and UV filters,
polarizing filters, and special effects filters.
Lesson 13 - Steady Shooting
features regarding steady shooting, namely how to hold the camera;
shutter speeds and lenses; and how to use a tripod and cable releases
Lesson 14 - Digital vs. Film
This lesson focused on digital and film images, and the differences between them.
Lesson 15 - Enhancing Photographs
This lesson revealed to Faham when, and how, to enhance his picture in some easy ways.
Lesson 16 - Organizing the Picture
Faham was able to win prize for the best photography talent at the
National Photography Contest and his works showed up in the National
magazine where he was featured on the cover photo.The map below shows the presence of out registered Grokees across the world:
Attributes of a Grokee
- A grokee is a skill seeker. A Grokee comes to Skillgrok to learn a new
skill or improve an existing skill.
- Here at Skillgrok, we make sure that every single individual is provided
with the best possible solution to whatever problem he faces when
learning a new skill.
- A Grokee can join circles and upload content and materials to the market
place. A Grokee can take exams and test his level in any particular
- We have a myriad range of courses that a grokee can benefit from. From A
to Z of skills, we have it all. The grokkers available at Skillgrok
offer affordable courses to suit your need. High quality content
delivery through our grokkers is a promise.
- Choose from the listed course providers and as per your affordability.
- We ensure complete value for money. If dissatisfied, a grokee can claim back the course fee as well.
- High quality content delivery through our grokkers is a promise.
- Dissatisfied? Opt for open dispute feature. We will make sure you get your money back. We offer complete value for money.
- A Grokee is a participant on this platform and can collect points by attending courses, passing exams or updating materials.
- A Grokee can also be a Grokker if ready to teach back a course instead of fees.
- Now is your turn! Start learning and be what you want to be. Excel and triumph. Surpass the obvious and sign up now.